About this Event
Come celebrate two of our favorite things: Cycling and the best frozen treats in the Triangle... plus a post-race BBQ lunch catered by Backyard Bistro.
Which is better - Maple View Farm ice cream or Goodberry's Frozen Custard? Do the 12th annual Cup 'n Cone Tour and then decide.
The Cup 'n Cone Tour is hosted by MS Events, Inc, a non-profit which creates athletic events to raise money to fight Multiple Sclerosis. Your participation helps support research and advocacy for MS.
Registration for the Cup 'n Cone Tour includes:
- Your choice of scenic and well-marked 31, 50, and 71 mile routes
- Route patrolled by Ham Public Service North Carolinas and SAG vehicles
- Mechanic support by Cycling Spoken Here
- Rest stops every 10-15 miles with water, Gatorade, fruit and sweet and salty snacks
- Chip-timed King of the Mountain contest up col d'Lystra with timing by Precision Race. Prizes for the 3 fastest men and women up the climb.
- Maple View Farm ice cream and sorbet on at the mid-points of the longer routes
- Lunch at the finish including: Backyard Bistro BBQ sandwich and Goodberry's frozen custard.
Start/finish location: Panther Creek High School at 6770 McCrimmon Pkwy, Cary 27519.
Ride day registration/check-in starts at 6:30. On-site registration will be $50. Save $ by registering online in advance. (Online registration closes at noon on Friday, July 24).
Ride starts at 7:30 to help beat the heat.
Check out the other MS Events charity athletic events: Ridgewood Turkey Trot 8K, St. Paddy's Run Green 8K, and the new Oak City Mile
Ride course map: http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/1160186299